OMG guys this is such an amazing post to be writing!! This is one of the first awards I’ve been nominated for on this blog, and I’ve wound up being nominated three times within the past week or so???
(Also to everyone: I’m SO SORRY about the length of this post!!)
So, what is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Let’s do this!
Answering Angela’s Questions
- What is the most difficult part about being a blogger?
For me that’s probably keeping up with my emails/Twitter etc; I can sometimes pick up my phone after just a four hour shift and have to sift through a TON of stuff on Twitter (Not that I mind – love you guys!)
- Do you prefer to read E-books or physical books?
That’s a difficult one; I’d say both. Nothing beats a physical book, but it’s SO much easier to just read off my phone when I’m on the go.
- What’s the one book that you always go back to when you’re in a reading slump?
I don’t re-read many books, so I’d probably say something like an Agatha Christie book; mysteries never fail to pique my interest.
- Which book character strongly resembles your personality?
Oh good God…that’s such a good question. The first person that springs to mind, surprisingly, is Newt from the Maze Runner trilogy – I try to stay as calm as he is the majority of the time!
- I’ll leave this question from Hannah (and in my case Angela!): Do you have a favourite blog post? (Leave me a link so I can give it some love!)
- Is there a book that you completely regret reading?
Wendy by Karen Wallace. What the hell did I even read?
- Have you ever thought about writing your own book?
All. The. Time. I really, really want to write my own book.
- Which genres would you never tire of reading?
Mystery. I get bored of virtually every other genre from time to time (fantasy and contemporary included!) but a good mystery will never fail me.
- Who is an author that you idolize?
Can I say Rick Riordan? I think he’s one of my favourite authors because you can just see the growth in his books, and the diversity that he now tries to include.
- What is the longest book that you’ve read?
Well, technically, that would be Les Mis by one Victor Hugo. However, I’ve been halfway through it since about 2016, so I’ll have to go with my back-ups of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and City of Heavenly Fire.
- What book would you recommend a NON-book lover?
Maze Runner is the book that got my friend that hated reading into reading (he read the entire series in under a week!?). It’s not the best series, but the first book is a good start!
Answering Maria’s Questions
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
I mean, initially I just wanted to write book reviews. My old blog started through a love of books and wanting to connect with others that also love them. THIS blog was intended as a book blog plus a place I can rant without people who know me knowing it’s me.
- What is your favourite outdoor activity?
Hiking. Me and my friend Wendy go on so many hikes in the countryside at home and I absolutely love them.
- What was your first blog post and would you change anything about it now?
Ah. My FIRST blog post was a list of my favourite books, and I wouldn’t change that. It’s fun for me to look back and see what’s changed!
- What is your favourite post you’ve written?
Hm, another good question. One of my recent posts, Why I Disagree With a Lot of Sorting Hat Quizzes is a particular favourite!
- If you could be transported to any world from a book, where would it be?
This changes regularly, but I think I have to go with Neverland.
- Summarize your life in three songs
Wake Me Up Inside by Evanescence, Why Did it Have to be Me? by ABBA, and Wait for It from Hamilton.
- How do you come up with a blog post?
I tend to have a flash of inspiration, and roughly half of the time it becomes a blog post. The other half of the time, I bin it.
- Do your friends and family know about your blog?
One friend that I trust irl knows about this blog, and a couple of blogging friends that know me from my old blog, but no one else.
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
Online circles of friends are the best support network you can ask for. 100%.
- What is the longest book you’ve read?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or City of Heavenly Fire.
- Where are you from, and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your home town/state/country?
I’m from England, and surprisingly it only rains about 75% of the time (instead of 100%).
Answering Alexandra’s Questions
1. If you could change an ending of a book what book would it be and how would you change the ending?
Harry Potter. There are so many changes that I can think of, mostly from other people’s headcannons, but I’d scrap the epilogue that shows ‘Happy Families’ -_-
2. What do you think is the most overpriced piece of technology?
iPhones, without a shadow of a doubt.
3. What’s the most stunning view you’ve ever seen?
Anywhere in Derbyshire. I think maybe the top of Thorpe Cloud is one of my favourite views of the hills and dales.
4. Do you think presents from Santa is a cute holiday story or it’s a lie?
It’s cute. What sort of person thinks it’s a lie???
5. Do you have a plan for your future posts or you blog as inspiration comes?
I try to plan, but usually this winds up being as and when inspiration (or a tag!) comes along.
6. What’s the most exotic dish you’ve ever tried?
Does Southern Fried Chicken count?
7. Do you know what the word “tintinnabulary” means?
I do now.
8. What’s the longest you’ve been without the Internet in the recent 5 years?
I’ve been on a couple of week-long scout camps (the last one was 2015), in which I didn’t have a phone or internet for the whole week.
9. If you could have any superpower what superpower would you choose to have?
You know Violet from The Incredibles? I want to be like her.
10. What animal do you find the most interesting?
Platapus. Platapi. What’s the plural??
11. What question would you ask me?
What’s your favourite bit of lore surrounding witches/vampires/fae etc?
- What’s your favourite bit of lore surrounding witches/vampires/fae etc?
- Which is better: pastel highlighters or cute washi tape?
- What’s your MOST USELESS superpower?
- What do your pajamas look like?
- If you were allowed to meet a dead famous person, who would it be?
- Three songs that make you want to dance/sing/screech
- What are your thoughts on the yellow Pritt sticks?
- Which fictional character would you go on a date with?
- Would you rather have kids or an ice cream?
- What colour do you look best in?
- WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK???
Luana because you’re an absolute babe and you’re always on Twitter giving positive vibes / Elm because you are also a babe and are legit one of the happiest, sunniest people I’ve met through blogging / Jackie because I’ve just found your blog and the pun in your Twitter name is ACE / Emily because your blog is aesthetic af and your quotes on Twitter are actually adorable / Bethany because you’re a sweetheart (hope sixth form is going well!!) / Em you are an absolute delight to talk to and I hope you enjoy your course at uni!! / Fay your blog is stunning and you deserve a lot of love for it, okay? / Jill I know we don’t talk all that much, but I always see you liking posts and sharing the love / N S Ford for being such a calm, collected person – you deserve the love you get from people around you! / Blue Librarian I am planning on scouring your blog for hours because not only is it absolutely exquisite, you have writing about wizards that I am now obliged to read / Jayvel I am in awe of your writing (seriously, it’s beautiful) and I just love your blog in its entirety tbh
Please don’t feel obliged to do this btw if you don’t feel like it – love and hugs anyway!! Xx 💚
That’s all for today folks; hope you’ve enjoyed the ride!!